The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: upper 70s, sunrise at 6:59am, ground soggy from last night’s rain
- Pull-Up Battle (similar to Burpee Battle, but with pull-ups, on the goalpost): Start stopwatch. During first minute everyone does 1 pull-up OYO. During second minute everyone does 2 pull-ups OYO. Keep going until you can’t keep up with the clock. We completed 10 rounds.
- During the first two rounds, we did warm-ups during the down time: SSH x 10 (first round), LBAC x 5 each way (second round)
See figure at top of post for map of exercises completed. First circuit we completed 20 rounds of each exercise. Second circuit we completed 18 reps. YHC had planned to keep repeating until we got down to 2 reps of each exercise, but we had to stop after the first two rounds since they each took about 20 minutes.
- Jump Squat
- Jailbreak 60 yds
- Balls to wall (hold for 20 seconds first round, 18 seconds second round)
- Jailbreak 60 yds
- Hand-release merkins
- Bear crawl to goal post (~30 yds)
- Iron cross with partner
- Bear crawl to track (~30 yds)
- Angels & Devils
- Jailbreak 80 yds
- Flutter kicks
- Jailbreak 40 yds
- Good mornings
- Lunge walk to blocks near goalpost (~30 yds)
- Kettlebell swings
- Lunge walk to track (~30 yds)
- Rinse and repeat
Morning call: Each PAX does 5 pull-ups while all others do 5 hand-release merkins. Cycle through until all PAX have done the pull-ups.
- American Hammer x 10
- Guantanamo x 2 rounds
- Side Plank Dips x 10 each side
- Reverse crunch x 10
Namerama: Major Dad (respect), Bob the Builder (respect), Danger Zone, Cisco, Houdini, Luigi
National Anthem (we heard it playing from Naval Weapons Station at 8am), Pledge, and COT
- Major Dad shared a story of his son who works for an airline and recently handled some military human remains. Sobering reminder not to get caught up in petty disagreements – some people are sacrificing everything (even today!), so try to keep things in perspective and focus on what really matters.
- Houdini being ordained as an elder in his church tomorrow with a covered dish luncheon. Prayers for his faithful service in that role.
- It was good to have Major Dad and BTB join us this morning. When I saw Major Dad’s HC, I added a few twists to the weinke so that it wouldn’t look like a complete duplicate of his workout from last week. 😉 It was impressive to see Danger Zone knock out so many pull-ups during the Pull-Up Battle this morning (many of them unassisted), especially considering that he wasn’t able to do any pull-ups just a few months ago when he started F3! 🙂