The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Theme: The theme of the day I was working with was resisting temptation. We tend to give in quite often to temptations that are all around us.
Conditions: 85 degrees, humid as a mother….
COP: Thru the Tunnel x 15 IC, Imperial Walkers x 15 IC, SSH x15 IC, T-Claps x 15 IC, 15 Merkins OYO
- Grab your water bottles, form one line and Indian Run from the flag to the empty grass near the pavilion. Drop off water bottles and head back to the flag.
- Grab a block and mosey back to the empty grass area for a little Deal or No Deal!
- The workout was a little different in that we started and ended with Mary.
- For the beginning Mary, YHC had 4 pieces of paper with exercises on both sides. The side that was opened up was the one that YHC read off to the PAX. If the PAX chose this exercise, they were rewarded with doing the exercise on the reverse side for the lower number of reps. If they didn’t choose the first side, they did the higher number of reps on the reverse side plus 5 additional on the front side.
- Let’s just say no PAX gave in to temptation and we did the minimal amount of reps, but the suck was still there.
- For the exercises, YHC had 15 pieces of paper with exercises on both sides. The side that was opened up was the one that YHC read off to the PAX. If the PAX chose this exercise, they were rewarded with doing the exercise on the reverse side for the lower number of reps. If they didn’t choose the first side, they did the higher number of reps on the reverse side plus 5 additional on the front side.
- The only PAX to choose the reverse side was Sakrete add let’s just say no one else dared to give in to their temptations after that.
- YHC had planned for more exercises and nixed some based on the time and lack of wanting to do them.
- For ending Mary, we finished up with 3 more pieces of paper with exercises on both sides.
- Again, no one decided to give in.
- Grab block, mosey back to flag and stow.
Namerama: Sakrete, Johnny 5, Quaker (Respect), Stoner (Respect), Ramrod, Splinter, Serena (Respect)
Pledge and COT
Announcements: Charleston Tough and Light coming up on 7/14-7/15
- “Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12
- This devo played right into the hands of YHC’s BC in the sense that we are all surrounded by temptation constantly. Although the temptations may be small, they still put us on trial each and every day.
- Whether it be in your personal life, work or any other aspect, if you resist the temptation and stay on the right path, we will be rewarded.
- Just remember, YOU have the choice each and every second of the day to avoid your weaknesses and make the right decisions! Just know, whatever choice you make will leave you with another decision to make in the future.
Moleskin: When YHC took the Q for this day, there was some mumble chatter about how crazy I am with my wife being 3 days past due. Well, the reason for the late back blast is due to my wife giving birth to our first child 3 days later, a beautiful baby girl named Ellison Rose. She weighed at 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 inches long. Both her and my M are doing great and healthy! Again, the tardiness of being 11 days late is unacceptable, but I hope you give me a pass just this one time and join me for my next Q!