The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Theme: Since I have recently become a father, making it out to where it all started for me has been a challenge. I decided to take the Q, hold myself accountable and deliver a challenging beat-down that I have become accustomed to at Accelerator.
Conditions: 90+ degrees, but felt like 105, but actually SUNNY!
- Burpees x 5 OYO
- Thru the Tunnel x 10 IC
- Burpees x 5 OYO
- Imperial Walker x 10 IC
- Burpees x 5 OYO
- Annie x 10 IC Forward/Reverse each side
- Burpees x 5 OYO
- Happy Jacks x 5 IC (7 count)
- Bataan Death March – The last person drops and does 5 Burpees, while the rest of the PAX mosey in a line. After completing the Burpees, the last guy runs to catch the group, tapping the (new) last PAX on the shoulder, who then stops to begin his 5 Burpees, while the (former) last guy continues on to the front of the line. We did two laps around the AO which resulted in everyone doing 5 Burpees and ending up at the cage.
- Grab a block and Q Sack back to the flag.
- F3 Baseball – YHC decided to have a little fun with a competition. We split out into four groups and one went to the cone for first base, second base, third and home. Each PAX had their block with them. Each time a team passes the base they started on, they got a point (partial points were awarded). When YHC said start, for 15 minutes the below exercises were completed. The team to complete the most bases won (The winners were High Stick, Belding and Zamboni. Close second goes out to Sparky and Cheetah – two man team who crushed it!).
- Home – 100 team Tricep Extensions with the block, then bear crawl dragging the block to first base.
- First – 100 team Merkins on the block, then bear crawl dragging the block to second base.
- Second – 100 team Squats with the block, then bear crawl dragging the block to third base.
- Third – 100 team Overhead Press with the block, then bear crawl dragging the block to third base.
- The winner of F3 Baseball didn’t receive a break after this, but what they did win was more reps and a chance to build their endurance.
- Once the PAX caught their breathe, we completed Curls for the Girls x 33 on Q.
- Howling Monkeys – Circled up and without the block, begin Monkey Humpers x 10 IC (4 count) in a circle. Once first person finishes, next person goes – hold ankles until you are up. This was a PAX favorite!
- Reverse Crunch x 20 OYO
- LBC’s x 50 single count OYO
- Stow blocks and return to flag.
Namerama: Zamboni, Hotwire, Reynolds, Reynolds Wrap (2.0), High Stick, Belding, Kapowski (2.0), Sparky, Cheetah, Old Flame (Respect)
Pledge and COT
- Floppy is still accepting donations (cash or belt) for reflective gear for all AO’s.
- Old Flame is running 51 miles on 8/18 starting at 3pm. Too Much posted a schedule on our Facebook page, so take a look and sign up if you want.
- High school football is back this Friday night!
- YHC did not have a devo today, but instead had a quote he took from listening to the Team Never Quit Podcast. Please note, this quote is not PG-13, but i will star out most of the word.
- “I wasn’t blessed with a lot of talent and I am glad. What I was blessed with was the ability to endure…..All you need is a f****** breath of air to be great….As long as you are breathing that’s all you need.”- David Goggins
- As much as we sometimes think we don’t have what it takes to do a certain exercise, do a certain job, be a better person, we have the ONE thing that is free to us that allows us to do what we think we can’t. We need to stop taking the air we breathe for granted and do something that scares us beyond belief. Do something today that you wouldn’t normally do. Challenge yourself each and every day. Whether it be in your personal or professional life, as a colleague, father, son, brother, trust in your ability to endure. You would be amazed at what you can accomplish by just pushing yourself!
- To start, YHC had a completely different workout down on paper, but due to the inclement weather for what seems like the last month, an audible was needed a few hours before the BC. If I had to guess, the PAX would have picked my other workout.
- The only omission from the workout was Rosalita Wip x 20 IC (Legs together at 90°. Out for 1, together for 2, legs down to 6 inches for 3, back to 90° for count) due to time constraints.
- I would say the heat got to some PAX who had to step off for a break or to come really close to splashing merlot (Hotwire). We did say a prayer for him before closing to make sure he got home safely. It has since been confirmed that he hasn’t left his bed and it is the following day at 1300.
- How about them Howling Monkeys? There was plenty of mumble chatter over this one and the PAX learned not to look to their side during this exercise. I am pretty sure I was cursed at during this one…..
- Since becoming a father and not going out to Accelerator since then, I was glad to see some familiar faces as well as a few new faces. I am proud of this AO for not only enduring the afternoon heat but continuing to plant and grow. Great work by all men who attended!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.