Conditions: A sweetly humid October morning in the low 70s.
- TTT x 10 IC
- Don Quixote x 10 IC
- Imperial Walker x 10 IC
- Mosey around the tennis courts and end at the cage
- Grab a block (and some men were assigned an extra block or bricks) and mosey to the flag
- Hold plan while the Q sets ups
- A route was set up at the Armory made of cones and a sheet of paper with an exercise.
- We played musical chairs. The men had to run around the cones until the music stopped. The last person without a cone was out and went to the land of exercises. The remaining men did 30 seconds of SSHs. Then continue running around the cones. When the music stopped the last person without a cone joined the land of exercises. The general theme continued with the men playing musical chairs doing running, SSHs, bear crawls, merkins, running with a block, burpees.
- The land of exercises was built after each round based on the paper that was removed from the circle. These exercises included air jumps, hammer curls, american hammer, curls for the girls, lateral air raises with bricks, monkey humpers, seal jacks, and 6 other exercises that YHC doesn’t remember because they were chosen randomly.
- Stow blocks
- Stop at bars for 5 pull ups
- Head to the the fence for some reverse Usain Bolt suicides (5 rounds)
- Mosey to the side walk then bear crawl to the shovel flag
- Tempo flutter kicks x 20 IC
Find some time (10-20 min) to intently spend time alone. Either spend that time with the Lord, and if that’s not your cup of team just spend time with your own thoughts. We intently find time to get in the gloom, so intently find time for a greater purpose.
You know it’s going to be good when the Q calls out one exercise during the warm up and proceeds with another exercise. It’s good for the mumble chatter. This was a boot camp version of a weinke YHC used at a running AO. There were some things I’d do differently next time, but it was a decent baseline…I think. The pax definitely got in some running and once we started there wasn’t a lot of down time. The pax did a great job of interpreting ridiculous instructions early on.
Quote of the Day: I’m not even going to put it in words. You know what was said on the run when we ran through the smell.