The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: 60 degrees and surprisingly dry turf at Tectonic!
COP: SSH 15x’s IC / TTT 10x’s IC
The Thang: YHC had his first taste of jogging to the Amphitheatre/Circle during one of his early BC’s lead by Major Dad (Modified Murph) and nearly splash merloted on the way back. Cold Cut gave me a lesson on staying with the 6 (he basically dragged me back). Since then I’ve been itching to get back because this is a great location with many possibilities. YHC used this BC to reinforce the power of setting deadlines with your goals (see devo below).
BC proved to be a PAX pleaser and mumble chatter shatterer!
- Jog 0.8 Mile: Make it to the Amphitheater/Circle in 13 Minutes (5:02 – 5:15)
- Stop Half Way – DQ’s 10x’s IC
- Air Squat LBAC’s 5x’s IC forward / 5x’s IC backwards
- Arrive at Amphitheater/Fountain 5:13 (2 minutes ahead of goal!!!!)
- Wall 1 – Incline Merkins 10x’s IC
- Wall 1 – Step Up High Knees 5x’s each leg OYO
- Bear Crawl Go Round 1 minute (Pax had one minute to bearcrawl around the large brick circle you see in the pic above. Reward for making it around: For each member of the Pax that made it we took off 5 merkins from the next exercise. Potential amount was 50 merkins.
- Lunge to Wall # 2
- Wall 2 – Incline Merkins 20x’s OQ
- Wall 2 – Step Up High Knees 5x’s each leg OYO
- Lunge to Wall #3
- Wall 3 – Incline Merkins 20x’s OYO
- Wall 3 – Step Up High Knees 5x’s each leg OYO
- Mosey back down to circle
- Bear Crawl Go Round 1 minute (Pax had one minute to bear crawl around the large brick circle you see in the pic above.) Reward for making it around: For each member of the Pax that made it we took off 5 merkins from the next exercise. Potential amount was 50 merkins.
- Wall 1 – Dips 15x’s IC
- Lunge to Wall #2
- Wall 2 – Dips 15x’s OYO
- Merkin Go Round 1 Minute @5:28 – After each merkin, you side step in plank position to the left. AMRAP around the circle for 1 minute.
- Jog 0.8 milesback to AO in 14 Minutes
- WWI Situps 25x’s OQ
- Flutter Kicks 15x’s IC
- LBC’s 30x’s IC
Namerama: Bob The Builder (Respect), Peaches (Respect), Major Dad (Respect), Woody, Cold Cut, AC/DC, City Slicker (Ruck), Defib (Ruck), Tinker (Ruck)
Pledge and COT – Done
- Cold Cut – January 6, 2018 Anniversary Part @ The Ponds. Convergence that morning at Faultline.
- Major Dad – Encourage Pax not just leave without helping to clean up at the party
Devo: Power of Setting Time-Bound Goals
Have you ever set a goal and forgot to add a deadline to that goal? How did that work out? Did you get it done? Or is it still on your to-do list?
Good examples of specific time bound goals are the many CSAUPS that we do through out the year. Each event has a specific distance/task to be completed and each event is on a specific date.
The PAX crushed each specific, time-bound goals that was set for them.
- 13 Minutes to make it .8 miles to the Fountain (with exercises in between)! DONE!
- 1 Minute to Bearcrawl around a 20+ foot brick circle. DONE! Twice!
- 1 Minute AMRAP Merkin Go Rounds on the 20+ foot brick circle. DONE! (Note PAX probably did 1.5 minutes thanks to a stalled timer…)
- 14 Minutes to make it back to the AO, after the beatdown! DONE!
“Every goal needs a specific deadline as a deadline is the ultimate form of inspiration. When do you plan to deliver on that goal. It could be by year-end (December 31) or it could be by the end of the first-quarter (March 31). A goal without a date is just a dream. Make sure that every goal ends with a by when date.” – Gary Ryan Blair
As we all go into 2018 let’s make sure that the goals we’re committed to accomplishing have deadlines attached to them! AYE!
Moleskin: (Q Leadership Lesson) YHC planned a 1.6 mile, roundtrip, mosey for the Pax, which requires reflective gear per our regions standards. YHC encouraged PAX to put on reflective gear prior to BC but did not inspect, what I expected. A few Pax stepped off the AO with no reflective gear which endangered them. Not acceptable. Lesson learned.