The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: 38 degrees, cold and dry
YHC missed his scheduled Q a week before. Arrrrrrggggghhhhhh! So I picked up this Q to make it up to the men of Faultline. AOQ Minivan said he was looking forward to a workout with the infamous PVC Pipes (we now call them Sabers) so I had to deliver.
This workout is a modification from Tuesdays BC at the Jones.
Each man grabbed a saber (8lb, 5 foot by 1 1/4 PVC pipe filled with sand) out of YHC’s truck:
- Saber Jacks 20x’s IC
- TTT – 10x’s IC
- Mountain Climber Merkins – 15x’s IC
- Saber Raises 20x’s IC
- Good ole Stretch – Middle, left, right pax with the 10 count
- Mountain Climber Sprints with Sabers for 40 yards 4x’s (pax performed 4 count 10x’s Mt. climbers after completing the 10th Mt. C they sprinted 40 yards)
Mosey to Block Pile… but wait… “oh look pull up bars!”
YHC can’t pass up a chance to do pull-ups!
- Alternate Alternating Pull Ups 6 reps for 2 sets (take advantage of the equipment on the AO. Jump and do 6 total pull-ups)
- One leg squat 10x’s each leg OQ
- Incline Merkin One Leg Up 5x’s IC (on block)
- One leg reach down 5x’s each leg OQ
Dips One leg up 5x’s IC (on block)
One Leg Star Squat 2 sets each leg. (10 count IC)
Decline Merkin One Leg Up 5x’s each (on block)
One Leg push press 10x’s IC
- Block get ups 5x’s
- Repeat above balancing exercises this time with block
- Saber Flutter Kicks 10x’s IC
- Group Squat 30x’s OQ
Namerama: Minivan, Headgear, Borland, Caterpillar, Greenbags
Pledge and COT – Done
- Known updates on brother Picasso.
- Helping Stalker and Cannoli at veterans home
The illusion of a balanced life.
YHC turns 40 at the end of the week and because of it I’ve sat down and reflected on life.
Life isn’t about trying to obtain the perfect balance. You will drive yourself and those around you crazy trying to chase a “balanced life”. It’s a unicorn.
You will not have 8 things to do and exactly 3 hours per day to give to your spouse, your kids, your business, your church, eating, studying, watching tv & F3.
The important thing is to recognize what “season” are you in. And just like our balance exercises taught us during the BC, it’s about counterbalancing. Sometimes you’re going to have more weight on one leg due to certain circumstances so you have to counterbalance with the rest of your body to make sure you don’t fall over.
Due to the season, you’re in, in your life, you might have to have more weight in your…
And that’s ok. Recognize that season and prioritize it and other things will fall into place to counterbalance you.
Moleskin: YHC’s second go around with this BC. PAX appreciated the Sabres and bump up to the block. The balance exercises seem to be a refreshing break and an eye opener for the PAX. Most of us don’t pay attention to the importance of balance as we get older. And more important do exercises to improve and maintain it. Based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback I will introduce the base of this workout to the various AO’s over the next week.