Intro: If you saw my previous post, YHC had a few options for tonight but couldn’t decide. The PAX voted and well…got what they asked for.
Weather: Cool, but that wind was whippin
- Hillbillies x10 IC
- TTT x10 IC
- Indian Bear Crawl
PAX were offered a choice, pole or block. Most chose block, but YHC was not alone with pole (t-claps to Hotwire and Green Thumb for trying out the poles). YHC wanted to do a different variation of the modified murph than what I normally go through. All exercises were performed with or on the coupon.
First Stop: By pull up bar
- 10 Blockies/Polies OYO
- 20 Chest Press OYO
- 30 Mtn Climbers (4 count) OYO
Second Stop: By the flag
- 10 Iron Crosses On Q
- 20 Up and Overs OYO
- 30 Flutterkicks (4 count) IC
Third Stop: Park bench at edge of AO
- 10 Box Cutters IC
- 20 Shoulder Press On Q
- 30 Squats OYO
Fourth Stop: By water fountain by playground
- 10 4 count Lumberjacks (Block) Or 10 Landmines (Pole) OYO
- 20 Mercans
- 30 Curls
PAX were instructed to jog the long way back to the cage with their coupon. Poles were stowed and replaced with blocks.
Final Stop: Pull up bar
- 10 Burpee Pull ups- For this YHC made it where two groups of two worked on the Pull ups, while the rest did a Mercan Walk down 10 yards, and then a slow Lunge walk back. Swap groups, and repeat. YHC was the last man to go, so while I soloed the exercise, the PAX inchwormed 10 yards.
- 20 Kettlebell swings OYO
- Originally was supposed to be 30 Monkey Humpers, instead we did Howler Monkeys (10 4 count per monkey humper per person).
The Protractor (YHC experienced this exercise this morning with Floppy and wanted to share…for 2 and half minutes)
Namerama: Cheetah, Hotwire, Bed Pan, Green Thumb, Hard Drive, Motherboard (Respect), Grits (Respect), Zamboni, Homegrown (Respect), Neon
Let PAX know about Speedo, & Beer Mile.
Pledge & Prayer
This was YHC’s first Devo, so I jumbled my words a bit, but PAX got the message. YHC shared what I’ve read from Freed to Lead so far. Something that spoke to me, was reaching the Plateu of fitness. As someone who normally is skinny/fit I’ve had to work hard to gain any type of weight. I know if I stop I’ll lose all that I’ve gained. So I warned the PAX not to get comfortable if they hit their plateau. You can lose it quicker than the time it took to gain it. Don’t let your efforts go to waste.
Numbers are good. Made Hotwire remove his vest (personal goal achieved). And above all else, the PAX got what they came for. A goodnight workout, and brotherhood. Can’t beat that.