The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: Foggy, ~60F, no wind, warmed up significantly as the sun came out
FNGs: None. No disclaimer given.
- SSH and Mountain Climbers(?) were performed just as YHC arrived (2 minutes late due to bike trouble)
- LBAC x 15 IC each direction (forward & back)
- 8-Count Body Builders x 10 IC
- Slow Indian Run around track for one lap, during which 4 PAX grabbed blocks and deposited one at each goalpost base (to use as steps later for pull-ups)
- YHC explained that Floppy had challenged the PAX to develop a monthly fitness test for The Jones. YHC had an idea he wanted to test out this morning. It is a 40-minute AMRAP workout, so the goal is to complete as many rounds as possible before time is called.
- The test
- When the 40-minute clock starts, start by running 1 mile (4 laps)
- Then in the remaining time, perform as many rounds as possible of:
- 5 pull-ups (hanging from goalpost) – any grip is allowed. May use cinderblock as a step if needed.
- 10 merkins
- 15 squats
- 120 yard run (goalpost to goalpost) – once you reach the opposite goalpost, start over with more pull-ups
- Your score = Number of rounds completed + (decimal point) + number of sub-rounds completed
- Example scoring:
- If you completed 5 full rounds plus 8 merkins, you score 5.1 (5 full rounds + 1 sub-round).
- If you completed 5 full rounds plus 10 merkins, you score 5.2 (5 full rounds + 2 sub-rounds).
- If you completed 5 full rounds plus 14 squats, you score 5.2 (5 full rounds + 2 sub-rounds).
- If you completed 5 full rounds plus 15 squats, you score 5.3 (5 full rounds + 3 sub-rounds).
- You get the picture.
- Since this was our first run-through of the workout, we didn’t bother with decimal point scoring, just counted complete rounds (honestly it was hard to keep count, so we need to come up with a counting aid. YHC has some ideas (maybe bring small figurines and put an agility ladder on the ground – have PAX pick a figurine to represent them and advance it to the next square each time they complete a round).
- Yo Adrian 22
- Gandhi 21
- Houdini 21 (modified with planks instead of pull-ups due to broken finger)
- Luigi 18
- LottaLove 16
- Cisco 14
- Prius 12
- Good mornings x 20 IC
- Scuba divers x 15 IC
- Freddy Mercury x 30 IC
- Side plank dips x 10 IC each side
Namerama: Cisco, LottaLove, Houdini, Prius (respect), Yo Adrian (respect), Gandhi, Luigi
Pledge and COT
- Prayers for Luigi’s wife & baby – in the home stretch now with under 5 weeks to go!
- Filbin Creek clean-up today starting at 9:30am, just around the block (where Filbin Creek crosses Attaway Street). Note: Luigi and LottaLove participated, and believe this counts as a double-down 😉
- Mud Run in Columbia May 19. Save the date and be thinking about teams.