The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: ~60F, slightly cloudy, beautiful sunrise, LOTS of no-see-ums
Disclaimer: I’m not a professional, you could hurt yourself, and you know your body better than anyone else, so modify everything as needed.
- SSH x 20 IC
- 8ct BB x 10 IC slowly
- Grab a block and carry on shoulder for Indian run (1 lap). Set blocks down near goalpost.
- Lots of Tabata sessions! They are named after Dr. Izumi Tabata (guy pictured above in preblast photo), who developed an exercise regime where 4 minutes of high-intensity work actually gives better results than 1 hour of continuous work. Pretty cool.
- A Tabata session is 8 rounds of: 20 seconds of work + 10 seconds rest. Stick to one exercise the whole time. So total elapsed time per Tabata session is 4 minutes.
- After each Tabata session, we did one lap of Indian run. One of those laps we carried a sandbag, but otherwise no coupons. One lap we ran backwards.
- Tabata exercises (all OYO):
- Hand-release merkins
- Dips on blocks
- **out of time!**
- American Hammers x 20 IC
Pledge, Announcements (mud run), Prayer Requests (none noted), COT
From Mark 10:42-45. Leadership means putting yourself last.
- Jesus’s followers were walking down the road arguing about who would be the greatest, and asking Jesus to grant them special status.
- And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- Look for opportunities to serve people around you even when you don’t have to. Unloading the dishwasher (at work or at home), cleaning up messes other people didn’t realize they made, etc. (Cisco added a great example – changing diapers as a new dad so his wife didn’t have to.) That is real servant leadership.
- Small crowd today! Missed LottaLove and Gandhi, not to mention all the Summerville PAX. Beautiful morning though. Tabata pull-ups are hard. Getting eaten by no-see-ums makes them harder. But we persevered. Good work, men.