The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: 55 degreesF, overcast, pretty comfortable actually
FNGs: none. Disclaimer given anyways.
COP: (Cisco called these exercises)
- Through the Tunnel x 10 IC
- Mountain Climbers x 15 IC
- LBAC x 15 IC (each way) – forward & backward
- Indian run 1 lap (0.25 mile)
- Lazy Dora
- Partner up. Partners perform 100 hand-release merkins, 200 LBCs, and 300 squats as a team.
- Here’s the catch… no running (hence the “lazy” in the name)
- Partner 1 starts with 10 merkins while Partner 2 holds the “hand release” position (hands off the ground), then switch. Continue switching between merkins and hand release until 100 total merkins reached.
- Next, while P1 does 20 LBCs, P2 performs a 6-inch leg hold until P1 is finished, then switch. Continue switching until all 200 LBCs are completed.
- Finally, P1 does 25 squats while P2 does squat hold (air chair), then switch. Continue switching until 300 total squats are completed.
- For groups that finish early, catch the six and do their exercises with them until they finish.
- Tunnel of Love
- While Pax plank side by side, one by one someone crawls under the tunnel of planking Pax and then assumes plank position at the other end
- Continue for 120 yards (back of end zone to back of other end zone) – YHC called a 10-count at the 50-yard line
- 10-count body builders (with blocks) x 20 IC
- 1 – deadlift down
- 2 – deadlift up
- 3 – curl
- 4 – overhead press
- 5 – dip behind head
- 6 – back to overhead
- 7 – down to chest
- 8 – curl down
- 9 – deadlift down
- 10 – deadlift up
- Guantanamo x 2 rounds
- Circle up on your six, legs pointing out
- Hold legs at 45deg angle
- One Pax runs around trying to push everyone’s feet down to ground, when he’s done, gets back into position in the circle.
- Next guy runs around. Repeat until everyone has run around. That makes one round. (We did two rounds)
Namerama: LottaLove, Suave, Heebie Jeebie, Cisco, Houdini, Luigi
Pledge and COT
- Houdini’s brother’s infusion for stage 4 colon cancer went surprisingly well last week. Appreciated our prayers.
- Prayers for Gandhi as he is feeling sick and resting/recovering.
- April 7 – Cooper River Bridge Run
- April 21 – Citadel Bulldog Challenge mud run
- May 19 – Ultimate Challenge mud run near Columbia – sign up via F3 page, not the main event page
Devo: (by Houdini)
- Psalm 27 says,
One thing have I asked of the LORD,
that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to inquire in his temple.
- Houdini said that beauty is where the devil wages war for the hearts of men. We think that it’s no big deal to chase after something physical – it won’t affect our spiritual condition or relationship with God. But really when we admire and give our attention to something earthly and selfish like pornography or money/greed, it saps our spiritual energy and enthusiasm for heavenly things; it interferes with our ability to recognize how beautiful God is. When we chase after those things, they leave us empty and unsatisfied. Houdini encouraged us to think about the Lord’s beauty and what it means to gaze upon that, since he is the only thing of beauty that leaves us filled.
Good effort from everyone today. Gandhi had to hand off the Q last night due to illness, so YHC decided to try a few more new things today that were leftover from the Saturday workout plan. (Ran out of time to attempt them all on Saturday.) These were challenging! The squat + air chair combo during the last round of Lazy Doras was especially brutal, I don’t think anyone (YHC included) was able to hold the chair position the entire time. Also, the Tunnel of Love was fun but difficult; we got into a rhythm of all 6 pax crawling through, taking a couple seconds as a group to breathe, then start again. As hard as it was with 6 Pax, it would have been *really* challenging with a larger group like 15 Pax, since you’d have much less time to rest/cheat due to constantly have someone crawling under you. It’s a good exercise for forcing you to hold plank/downward dog for a long time! (Shoulders start to burn.) As an added “bonus,” we caught up with the sprinklers for the second half of the field, so were crawling through soggy ground the last 50 yards. Fun times.
Quotes of the day:
- “So, what’s lazy about this, again?” – LottaLove
- “There’s never a good time to wear shorts to The Jones!” – Houdini
- “Now I know why they call this Guantanamo!” – Houdini