The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Intro: YHC knew it was going to be a hot one and that there would be plenty of running involved, so I parked at the top of the Concrete Beast with a cooler filled with ice cold water for the PAX. They had two opportunities to grab a water as needed.
Conditions: 97 degrees with a feel like temperature of 110. Even at LQ, the temperature was 93 with a feel like of 103. These men showed up and worked as hard as they possibly could.
FNGs: None, disclaimer given anyway especially with the heat advisory
- None, let’s roll!
- Lineup in 2 columns for a mosey. Head out to the parking lot and up Hickory to the tracks. Make a left and then a right onto Cedar (stop here and form one line and just a mosey due to safety concerns). Make a left on Richardson and right into the Concrete Beast.
- Go up the stairs of the Concrete Beast to the top.
- Once to the top, jailbreak to the end and back. Water break.
- Bear crawl down the ramp. At flat part, get up and jail break to the end and hold plank until the six is in (that concrete was f&*%$#@ hot!)
- Mosey down the stairs and head to the fountain.
- Break up into 2 groups. While group 1 is doing the below exercise, group 2 is flutter kicking – we only did this for 2 rounds. Flip flop once each exercise is completed.
- Outcast Merkins in the fountain on Q (5 down to 1)
- Hydro Burpees 10x IC in fountain
- The next exercises were all done together.
- Dips in the fountain 20x on Q
- Squats 30x on Q (outside the fountain)
- Hand release Merkins 15x on Q (outside the fountain)
- While group 1 is doing the exercise, group 2 is Mahktar N’Diayes. Flip flop once all exercises below are completed.
- American Hammers 15x IC
- Magoos 15x on Q
- Flutter Kicks 30x IC
- Mosey back to the Concrete Beast and do the reverse of what we did before. Water break.
- Form back up in one line and head back the way we came.
- Plank until the six is in.
- None. Completed off AO.
Namerama: Cheetah, Old Flame (Respect), Johnny 5, Grits (Respect), Dri-Prime, Bed Pan, Motherboard (Respect)
Pledge and COT
- Convergence @ Doty – 7/4
- Carolina Reaper – 7/14
- GORUCK TL – 8/10-8/11
- Old Flame’s Charity Birthday Run is 8/11 starting between 2pm and 3pm. Running 52 miles. Carolina Children’s Charity is what he is raising money for.
- GORUCK TLL – 10/5-10/7
Devo: “You are controlled by your new nature if you have the Spirit of God living in you. “ – Romans 8:9
- A harnessed horse contributes much more to life than a wild donkey. Energy out of control is dangerous; energy under control is powerful. God does not discipline us to subdue us, but to condition us for a life of usefulness and blessedness. In His wisdom He knows that an uncontrolled life is an unhappy life, so He puts reins on our wayward souls that they may be directed into the “paths of righteousness.” That is what God seeks to do with us; to tame us, to bring us under proper control, to redirect our energies. He does in the spiritual realm what science does in the physical realm. Science takes a Niagara River with its violent turbulence and transforms it into electrical energy to illuminate a million homes and to turn the productive wheels of industry.
- The last line really struck me when I read this as it shows the good that can come out of the bad.
- Website is below for those who wanted it.
Moleskin: YHC knew it was going to be a brutal workout due to the heat as was glad that had a cooler filled with water for the PAX and himself. They were nearly all gone by the time we headed back to the AO. Unsure if we could use the fountain, YHC checked with Stalker to see if it would be okay to use it in broad daylight. He said go for it and we did. Then he later mentioned that if we got arrested it would make for a great story. Luckily, no one was harmed or arrested while in the fountain. When YHC told group 1 to get in the water, they stepped in. YHC had to tell them to get completely in the water and Old Flame said “You mean in the water?”. This was definitely a good source of laughter. Johnny 5, trying to keep up with the Swamp Rabbit merkins, sit-ups and running challenge for June, went out and ran 10 miles before the AO. This led to some cramping on our way back up to the Concrete Beast and then back to the AO. YHC saw him this morning and confirmed that he is indeed feeling better. T-Claps to all 8 PAX that pushed themselves to the limit during extreme conditions. This AO, my original AO, never ceases to amaze me with the effort put forth by the PAX.
With LQ being @ Homegrown, the PAX were disappointed to not see Hospice at the fountain sitting on a bench with a beer. YHC had a Q fail and should have brought the PAX back along Main St. and past Homegrown. Both might happen next time!