The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: ~80F, sunny, humid
COP: Mosey to block pile, grab one block and two bricks per PAX
- **If any train horn is heard, execute 10 burpees OYO then resume workout**
30 OH Press (with block/bricks)
40 KB Swings
60 Flutter Kicks
90 Calf Raises (on blocks)
Angels and Devils x 10 on Q (with bricks)
Burt Reynolds x 20, each side
Jane Fondas x 30, each side
- Reverse crunch x 40
Good mornings x 50
Namerama: Cisco, Houdini, Heebie Jeebie, Luigi
Pledge and COT
- July 4 convergence at 0700 at Faultline (Doty Park) – see Facebook event for details and to HC.
- YHC was reading in Job chapter 28 this morning and impressed by the author’s description of how humans go to great lengths to mine gold, silver, and precious jewels, but something even more valuable than all of those is wisdom. Wisdom cannot be physically observed or mined – it has to be received from God who first established it. YHC challenged the PAX to put the same effort into obtaining wisdom (and thus knowing God better) that they do toward other pursuits such as financial goals or personal relationships.
- YHC picked up this Q slot at the last minute, so for ease of planning, I opted to recycle last Saturday’s workout. It had left me sore for days and I heard other PAX say the same, so I wanted to tackle it again. The only minor changes I made this time (in the interest of saving time) were (a) eliminating the COP and (b) doing calf raises on blocks at the goalpost instead of moseying over to the bleachers each time. These tweaks helped – we finished the workout and stowed blocks with 8 minutes to spare! Everyone was so thoroughly beat down by that point that YHC decided not to follow through with the sprints he had planned to use up the remaining time. 🙂
- Great work from everyone! It was great to have Heebie Jeebie back after a 3-week assignment in Bangladesh. He was “really pouring it on” this morning, to use Houdini’s words. 🙂 We did hear train horns once – while coming back down the pyramid, just before the last set of burpees. So that set changed from 20 burpees to 30 burpees (not fun).
- Cisco commented that this workout was such a brutal full-body workout that we should repeat it at least once a month. Perhaps draw exercises from a hat to determine what the PAX would do when a train horn is heard, instead of always doing burpees. Sounds like a good idea to me.