The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: dark, 67F, 17 mph wind from the NE, no sprinklers
We did our monthly fitness test, The Warrior, where the PAX have 40 minutes to complete the following:
- Run 1 mile, then
- AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 5 pull-ups (on goalpost)
- 10 merkins
- 15 squats
- Run 120 yards to opposite goalpost
Results (compare against September’s results):
- Luigi: 21.01 (vs 19.14 last time)
- Suave: 18.00 (vs 17.00 last time)
- Lottalove: 17.00 (vs 16.00 last time, in June)
- Cisco: 11.15 (vs 13.00 last time)
- Dorothy Mantooth: 10.00 in 20 minutes, no ruck (vs 10.00 with 20 lb ruck in September, or 19.00 with no ruck in August, both in 40 minutes)
Here’s how to read the decimal scoring:
- 10.00 = finished ten rounds exactly
- 10.04 = finished ten rounds plus 4 pull-ups
- 10.10 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups
- 10.25 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups, all 10 merkins, and 5 of the squats
- 10.30 = finished ten rounds plus everything except the run
- 10.40 = 11.00
- Hopefully you get the picture. 🙂
Namerama: Dorothy Mantooth, Cisco, Lottalove, Suave, Luigi
Pledge and COT
- Tsunami convergence this Saturday, 0700, at Oakbrook YMCA pool in Summerville. $5 tickets to a 50/50 raffle to raise funds for Danny Jones pool fees for the AO. There will also be a non-swimming workout offered there. Some of The Jones PAX are considering carpooling there (namely Lottalove and YHC).
- YHC has a crazy workload right now at work, and the M is super busy with her work as well as home/baby tasks; prayers for diligence and wisdom in prioritizing where to apply our energies.
- Facebook showed YHC a reminder that six years ago yesterday, I was living in India for a volunteering internship with EMI. My girlfriend at the time (now wife! 🙂 ) sent me a bag of letters from friends to read when I was discouraged, and I read one with the following quote. Still as encouraging and relevant today as it was in 2012!
- “I can hardly recollect a single plan of mine, of which I have not since seen reason to be satisfied, that had it taken place in season and circumstance just as I proposed, it would, humanly speaking, have proved my ruin; or at least it would have deprived me of the greater good the Lord had designed for me. We judge of things by their present appearances, but the Lord sees them in their consequences, if we could do so likewise we should be perfectly of His mind; but as cannot, it is an unspeakable mercy that He will manage for us, whether we are pleased with His management or not; and it is spoken of as one of his heaviest judgements, when He gives any person or people up to the way of their own hearts, and to walk after their own counsels.” -John Newton
- Great work by everyone this morning. Dorothy Mantooth crushed the mile – finished it right at 7:00! The cooler weather (and no sprinklers) made for great workout conditions this morning.