The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: Miserable. Dark, 50F, 12 mph wind, steady heavy rain until around 6:30
We did our monthly fitness test, The Warrior, where the PAX have 40 minutes to complete the following:
- Run 1 mile, then
- AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 5 pull-ups (on goalpost)
- 10 merkins
- 15 squats
- Run 120 yards to opposite goalpost
Results (compare against October’s results):
- Luigi: 19.18 (vs. 21.01 last time)
- Suave: 14.00 (vs. 18.00 last time)
- Dorothy Mantooth: 13.23 (vs. 10.00 in 20 minutes last time)
- Harbaugh: 11.00, modified the pull-ups to other exercises like OHP, derkins, etc. (today was first attempt)
- Cisco: 10.10 (vs. 11.15 last time)
Here’s how to read the decimal scoring (each set of exercises adds one tenth):
- 10.00 = finished ten rounds exactly
- 10.04 = finished ten rounds plus 4 pull-ups
- 10.10 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups
- 10.25 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups, all 10 merkins, and 5 of the squats
- 10.30 = finished ten rounds plus everything except the run
- 10.40 = 11.00
- Hopefully you get the picture. 🙂
Namerama: Harbaugh (respect), Dorothy Mantooth, Cisco, Suave, Luigi
Pledge and COT
- Ruck for Hunger this Saturday (Nov 17), 9:00am start time (so you could do a workout then still participate in the ruck). Starts at Coastal Coffee Roasters in Summerville.
- Cisco’s pastor is moving into Oak Terrace Preserve this Saturday (just up the street from The Jones). We may help him load/unload his stuff and count that as our workout; watch Facebook page for confirmation. We’re also trying to recruit him as a potential FNG! 🙂
- Harbaugh: “That I don’t die” (due to today’s workout, haha)
- I heard the following quote in the context of waiting in line to vote recently, but it could be applied to any area of life: “Waiting time is never wasted time.” We live in an instant society – Cisco pointed out that kids no longer have to wait until a certain time for their cartoons to come on, same for adults with TV shows. Everything is on-demand. But often when we are waiting, God is working (to change us, or to change circumstances behind the scenes), so we should be patient and trust his timing.
- As Major Dad likes to say, “Anyone can perform under ideal conditions.” Conditions this morning were far from ideal – cold, dark, rainy, windy, and the field was a muddy mess. We could barely use the scoresheet it was raining so much. I definitely would not have worked out if I hadn’t known the other guys would be there waiting on me! Kudos to everyone for showing up, pushing each other, and putting in serious work.
- I estimate the water weight from soggy clothes added at least 10 lbs to everyone – does that count as partial rucking? 🙂
- Fasted mile time was 7:28
- Quote of the day: “You should call an audible and make everyone do flutter kicks in that huge puddle in the middle of the field. 🙂 ” -Cisco (note: we did not do any flutter kicks, haha)
- Suave wins the award for best-dressed-during-a-rainstorm with his stylish white sweater 🙂 How did it not get dirty?? Must have been the poncho Cisco loaned him.