The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: Cold (38F), ground soggy but no rain, sun was up
COP: SSH x 31; Grab blocks
The Thang: (31 reps of each exercise)
- 10 ct bodybuilders + 31 yard jailbreak
- Mountain climbers + 31 yard jailbreak
OHP + 31 yard jailbreak
HR merkins + 31 yard jailbreak
Curls + 31 yard jailbreak
Burpees + 31 yard jailbreak
Dips on blocks + 31 yard jailbreak
Tricep knee taps + 31 yard jailbreak
KB swings + 31 yard jailbreak
Good mornings + 31 yard jailbreak
Angels & Devils + 31 yard jailbreak
American Hammer + 31 yard jailbreak
Lawn mowers (16 ea. side) + 31 yard jailbreak
Ranger merkins + 31 yard jailbreak
Calf raises w/ block + 31 yard jailbreak
Bobby Hurleys + 31 yard jailbreak
Derkins on blocks + 31 yard jailbreak
Squats + 31 yard jailbreak
Flutter kicks w/block + 31 yard jailbreak
- 87-yard Indian run bear crawl (+2 yards to grow on – we went to the opposite goalpost which really made for 89 yards)
Namerama: Cisco, Suave, Houdini, Cheetah, Luigi
Pledge and COT
- Ruck for Hunger today, 9:00am start time (so you could still participate in the ruck after this workout). Starts at Coastal Coffee Roasters in Summerville.
- Cisco and Houdini’s new associate pastor is moving into Oak Terrace Preserve today (just up the street from The Jones). Anyone who can help move things from their storage unit to new house, meet at Houdini’s house in OTP at 1:30pm today to caravan to the storage unit. Pickup trucks would be helpful.
- Houdini’s brother is starting chemo while a lab tries to culture/train his own white blood cells to fight the cancer cells in his body (tumors in his lungs)
- I’ve been reading a book lately called Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood and these quotes stood out:
- “At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for, and protect women in ways appropriate to a man’s differing relationships” (p.36).
- “The call to leadership is not a call to exalt ourselves over any woman… It is a call to risk getting egg on our faces; to pray as we have never prayed before; to be constantly in the Word (the Bible); to be more given to planning, more intentional, more thoughtful, less carried along by the mood of the moment; to be disciplined and orderly in our lives; to be tenderhearted and sensitive; to take the initiative to make sure there is a time and a place to talk to her about what needs to be talked about; and to be ready to lay down our lives the way Christ did if that is necessary” (p.42).
- Men and women are not interchangeable. We each have unique strengths and weaknesses that complement each other; seek to lead, provide for, and protect the women in your life in appropriate ways.
- Great work from everyone today! We quickly realized that 31 reps of any exercise is a lot, haha. Freezing cold soggy ground makes things even more challenging. It was a good reminder that we are all alive! 😉