The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: Upper 50s, overcast, mosquitoes
30 OH Press
40 KB Swings
60 Flutter Kicks
80 LBCs (**train horn = 10 burpees, on the way up the pyramid)
90 Calf Raises
Angels and Devils x 10
Burt Reynolds x 20, each side
Jane Fondas x 30, each side
- Reverse crunch x 40
Good mornings x 50
Namerama: Cisco, Suave, Luigi
- Nahum chapter 1 says,
- The Lord is a jealous and avenging God;
the Lord is avenging and wrathful;
the Lord takes vengeance on his adversaries
and keeps wrath for his enemies.
The Lord is slow to anger and great in power,
and the Lord will by no means clear the guilty.
- This sounds pretty ominous, yet the prophet Nahum’s name means “comfort,” and this prophecy was meant to comfort Israel when they were being brutally oppressed by the Assyrian empire (capital city Nineveh, mentioned in verse 1). The point was that Assyria’s atrocities weren’t going unnoticed, and God would make things right in due time.
- The personal application is that we don’t have to get vengeance on those who wrong us. As one person put it, “Every sin will either be paid by Christ on the cross, or by that person for eternity in hell.” We can trust that God will eventually bring justice rather than sweeping things under the rug. “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
- Okay, so maybe these other guys didn’t bring the *physical* sunshine (it was still cloudy), but they kept the rain away and were an encouragement to work out with. Last week I did this workout in the rain by myself, this week I did it with these brothers, and it was so much better this time.
- The photo is supposed to be a Christmas tree made of tires. Happy holidays from The Jones! 🙂
- We saw a truck that looked suspiciously like Dorothy Mantooth’s come and go multiple times in the Danny Jones parking lot while we worked out. Next time come join us, DMT! 😉