The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: Chilly (48F), strong breeze, clear, sun coming up
SCS: Splinter, Magic Mike, and Chum ran 4 miles on the Cooper River bridge before the workout.
COP: SSH x 30
The Thang: (30 reps of each exercise)
- 8-ct bodybuilders + 30 yard jailbreak
- Mountain climbers + 30yd JB
- Overhead claps + 30yd JB
- HR merkins + 30yd JB
- Air curls + 30yd JB
- Burpees + 30yd JB
- Dips on bleachers + 30yd JB
- Tricep knee taps + 30yd JB
- Pull-ups (5 per PAX while all other PAX held plank) –> grab blocks
- KB swings + 30yd JB
- Good mornings + 30yd JB
- Angels & Devils + 30yd JB
- American Hammer + 30yd JB
- Lawn mowers (15 ea. side) + 30yd JB
- Ranger merkins + 30yd JB
- Calf raises holding block + 30yd JB
- Bobby Hurleys + 30yd JB
- Derkins on blocks + 30yd JB
- Squats + 30yd JB
- Flutter kicks w/block + 30yd JB
- 10-ct bodybuilders (x15) + 100yd JB
Namerama: Chum, Prius (respect), Yo Adrian, Splinter, Cisco, Magic Mike, Danger Zone, Luigi
Pledge and COT
- Cisco’s friend Brett working on incubator startup at the Navy Yard (“The Blockyard”), facing lots of challenges. Wisdom moving forward.
- Danger Zone at home now with severance package, reorganizing house and soul-searching for next career move.
- F3 Anniversary Convergence next Sat, Jan 12, 7-8am at Doty Park.
- F3 Anniversary Party next Sat, Jan 12, 5-11pm at Dorchester Boat Club, $10 per family.
- “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matthew 6:19-21)
- This time of year we acquire a lot of stuff and there’s cultural pressure to make ourselves comfortable and content by getting more stuff. Remember that this is only our temporary home, not our permanent home, so make decisions in light of that.
- “You are full free – completely free, free indeed – when you have the desire, the ability, and the opportunity to do what will make you happy in a thousand years. Or we could say, You are fully free when you have the desire, the ability, and the opportunity to do what will leave you with no regrets forever.” (John Piper sermon, quoted in How to Get Unstuck)
- What decisions should you make today that will make you happy in a thousand years?
- Great work from everyone today! 30 reps of any exercise is a lot. 🙂
- Quote of the day: “What’s the geriatric modification?” -Prius (haha)