The mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: Ideal. 🙂 (low 60s, sunrise during workout, few bugs)
We did our monthly fitness test, The Warrior. The PAX have 40 minutes to complete the following:
- Run 1 mile, then
- AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 5 pull-ups (on pull-up bars)
- 10 merkins
- 15 squats
- Run 120 yards (60 out, 60 back)
Since the field was still closed for seeding, and the gate beside the pool was locked (we could still walk through the pool area though), we modified as shown in the below sketch. It worked out pretty well.
Fitness test results (compare against April’s results):
- Luigi: 20.35 (vs. 20.00 last time)
- Dorothy Mantooth: 19.00 (vs 20.206, finished 6 squats, last time)
- LottaLove: 16.37 (vs. 17.00 in October 2018)
- Cisco: 12.00 (vs. 12.00 in March)
- Houdini: 9.00 in 25 minutes (vs. 9.00 in 30 minutes in March)
Here’s how to read the decimal scoring (each set of exercises adds one tenth):
- 10.00 = finished ten rounds exactly
- 10.04 = finished ten rounds plus 4 pull-ups
- 10.10 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups
- 10.205 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups, all 10 merkins, and 5 of the squats
- 10.30 = finished ten rounds plus everything except the run
- 10.40 = 11.00
- Hopefully you get the picture. 🙂
Namerama: Dorothy Mantooth, Cisco, Houdini, LottaLove, Luigi
- Sat, June 1 – Lowcountry Splash (open water swim; 2.4 and 6 mile options)
- Sat, June 15 – Father’s Day Convergence (morning) + family-friendly event (afternoon) at Shortcake’s farm. Details TBD.
- Multiple PAX – struggles with healthy eating lately
- Luigi – wife’s job situation
Pledge and COT
- All the days of the afflicted are evil,
but the cheerful of heart has a continual feast. –Proverbs 15:15
- The second half of this proverb caught my eye and challenged my attitude. Often in our comfortable American lives, the difference between feasting and starving is merely one of perspective. If we have a cheerful heart that is grateful for everything we have, we will realize that we have a continual feast already!
- The mile run was more on the social side this morning. DMT and YHC ran it together in 7:30, and Cisco, Houdini, and LottaLove ran together at a slower pace. Some good convo time, especially during the first two laps before YHC started running out of breath. 🙂
- There was some initial confusion over the shuttle run route. Apologies for not bringing cones with me this morning to delineate, I dropped the ball. Thanks to DMT for improvising with other markers (pool boogie boards that were lying nearby).