The mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: Warmish. Low 70s F and 88% relative humidity by end of workout. No wind. Dark until after the workout (7:11 sunrise)
We did our monthly fitness test, The Warrior. The PAX have 40 minutes to complete the following:
- Run 1 mile, then
- AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 5 pull-ups (on goalpost)
- 10 merkins
- 15 squats
- Run 120 yards (to opposite goalpost)
Fitness test results (compare against August’s results):
- Hard Drive: 22.20 (vs. 22.00 last time)
- Luigi: 20.21 (vs. 19.30 last time)
- Mrs. Potts: 14.00 (vs. 13.00 last time)
- Dorothy Mantooth: 12.00 w/ 20 lb ruck (vs. 10.00 in September 2018 w/ 20 lb ruck and bathroom break, 20.00 last month w/o ruck)
- Cisco: 9.00 (vs. 9.00 in July)
Here’s how to read the decimal scoring (each set of exercises adds one tenth):
- 10.00 = finished ten rounds exactly
- 10.04 = finished ten rounds plus 4 pull-ups
- 10.10 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups
- 10.205 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups, all 10 merkins, and 5 of the squats
- 10.30 = finished ten rounds plus everything except the run
- 10.40 = 11.00
- Hopefully you get the picture. 🙂
Namerama: Mrs. Potts, Dorothy Mantooth, Hard Drive, Cisco, Luigi
- Lots of upcoming running events:
- 2019-10-05 – IOP connector run (5k and 10k versions), 8am start time.
- 2019-10-05 – Revenge of Stede Bonnet trail run in Moncks Corner; 15 miler, 10 hr, or 5 miler. 7pm start time.
- 2019-11-17 – Rescheduled 9/11 Heroes Run 5k on Daniel Island – run/ruck/walk. 2pm start time.
- 2019-11-28 – Thanksgiving Day Drumstick Dash 5k in Summerville, 9am start time.
- 2020-03-27 – Palmetto 200 relay starts in Columbia, ends in Mount Pleasant.
- 2020-03-28 – Palmetto 70 relay starts in Moncks Corner, ends in Mount Pleasant.
- Cisco had unusual dreams after reading Bible before bed recently; strongly encouraged other PAX to read the Bible at least 30 minutes/day
Pledge and COT
Devo: The importance of male friendship
- YHC handed off Freed to Lead to Hard Drive to borrow, and mentioned that it discusses the importance of pursuing and maintaining close male friendships, especially after college and once you enter the workforce. It is counter cultural, but very valuable!
- Fastest mile was 7:28 (Hard Drive).