Weather: 70 degree February day with the occasional breeze
FNG: not today
Warm-Up: It’s 5:00, let’s go…started with a jog with various stops for SSH, TTT, baby arm circles, and overhead claps (in front of the window at the Y) that ended at the Concrete Beast.
The Thang: A garage workout in the spirit of the Shocker.
- Top level: 25 merkins and LBCs
- Go down a level: 24 Peter Parkers and American Hammers
- Take stairs to the bottom: 23 Squats and hold plank for 23 seconds
- Run to the entrance: 22 monkey humpers and pax’ choice of 22 Carolina Dry Docks or 44 Brick Curls
- Run up to the top and do all exercises again dropping the count by 1 at each level
- Head back to the AO stopping at various points for Flutter Kicks, Monkey humpers and some calf raises that burned
Mary: Nothing, the 6 walked up right at the time to finish
Devo: YHC was the Summerville Q of the Year in 2017. March 22, 2018 was his last boot camp Q. The creativity juices were gone. They’re finally coming back. It’s ok to not be ok, as long as you don’t stay there.
As mentioned above, YHC used to Q a good bit, but then went MIA from the boot camp Q sheet for almost two years due to creativity blocks, person goals, and injuries. I decided 2020 is the year to get back at it. The magic date was going to be my birthday on February 25th, but Milton posted late last night he needed a Q. I have a few ideas rolling around in my head for a few weeks. I pulled one out and told him I’d take it. I didn’t tell anyone or post a pre-blast. As I walked up I heard pax asking who the Q was supposed to be. I ran up, said Floppy has the Q, and off we went. The way I saw it this was the secret concert to get ready for the big tour. It’s reserved for a select few…the tip of the spear. Were there some mistakes in calls? Yep. Did the pax bring the mumble chatter? Yep. Did pax say they hated and enjoyed the workout? Yep. Are the creative juices back? Come out to Seismic on February 25th to find out. Thanks to all of the men that showed up today. If nothing else I’m glad to hear that Bob the Builder still can’t count and still turns around when little baby circles backwards is called.