The weather was blistering at 90 degress but luckily the AO was cast in shadows with a slight breeze. YHC was VQ after answering a call for help from Chowda to fill his place when he was unexpectedly required to work.
The PAX: Johnny 5, Reynolds, Sparky, Scooter, Flip, Serena, Cheetah, Inboard, Peaches (YHC)
Warm-up: DQ x 20, TTT x 15, BAC (F&R) x 30
The Thang: YHC had a bicycle nearby and was concerned about the honesty of several civilians near the AO so the PAX were divided. 1st half moseyed around AO while 2nd half retrieved 2 blocks each. Then 1st half retrieved 2 blocks while 2nd half moseyed the AO. Thus, the bicycle was never left alone. With all PAX having two blocks each, the work commenced.
NOTE: It should be noted that YHC is often DR in Georgia for long stretches. While DR, solo accountability workouts are done with a personal preference toward combining two exercises into one format (details below)
1) Double Block Shrug Squats: The PAX held two blocks. one in each hand, by their side. Then shrugged their shoulders in cadence with a squat on the hard count. x10
2) Flutter Kicks with Block Press: Flutter kicks in cadence with block held over chest. Lower & raise block on the flutter hard count. x20
3) Merkim Conveyor Belt: The nine PAX stood side by side at arm’s length apart with a block at their feet. Assume the merkin position with left hand on block & right on ground. Five Hi-Lo merkins were done on Q then five more with right hand on block. Staying in position, each man then side-crawled to his left to the next block over. The far left man without a block bear cawled down the line to the empty block on the far right. This was repeated until all nine men cycled through. A totall of 90 Hi-Lo Merkins with a bear crawl.
4) Tammy Wynette with Step-ups & X&Os: One man did step-ups IC while his partner did X&Os nearby – swithed out on multiples of 10 until 100 was reached.
5) Mosey Run around the AO
6) Lawn Mower Pulls with Blocks on Q and in tempo x15 each arm.
7) Over Head Press with blocks on Q and in tempo x15
8) Double Block Shrug Squats x 10 IC
9) Mosey Run around the AO
10) Srow both blocks and Mosey back for a mary.
Mary: Flutters x25 IC, WW1 Sit-ups on Q x25, Bicycle Hammers x25 IC, X&Os x25 (YHC personal Note: Proper core work should have at least 100 reps)
Pledge, Announce & Prayer
The devo was a story of Joshua who supported Moses during the Exodus and the 40 year wilderness. Joshua became the leader of the Isrealites after Moses’ death NOT from a power grab but by being a follower first with the Lord. True leaders are followers of the Lord’s guidance.
Moleskin: Some of these exercises were new o the PAX and they quickly caught on with only minor mumble chatter. The Merkin Conveyor was especially challenging to all including YHC. After all, 90 merkins with very little rest in between the 10s is tough on anyone. At one point, YHC thought about dropping reps to 3; but no one quit and all excelled through the hardship. Super group of men at the Accelerator AO.