The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: Cooler than recent mornings, nice sunrise, sprinklers active
COP: Mosey to block pile and grab a block
- **If any train horn is heard, execute 10 burpees OYO then resume workout**
30 OH Press (with blocks)
40 KB Swings
60 Flutter Kicks
90 Calf Raises (on blocks)
100-yard jailbreak across field (on Q)
Angels and Devils x 10 on Q
Burt Reynolds x 20, each side
- Out of time to do any more – recover, recover
Namerama: Suave, Cisco, LottaLove, Dorothy Mantooth, Gandhi, Heebie Jeebie, Luigi
Pledge and COT
- July 17 (next Tuesday) our friends from the Charleston region will be visiting as part of their Tour de Charleston competition.
- Today was Gandhi’s last workout with us as he’s moving to Asheville for a new job, and LottaLove’s last workout for a while as he is about to be stationed elsewhere for 6 weeks, back briefly in September, then stationed elsewhere for 6 months. We will miss both of them!
- The City of North Charleston has given us permission to use the storage shed by the track to store our gear (instead of stowing under the bleachers). We’re working on getting a written agreement and would like to do some renovations to the structure; it’s still TBD which portions of the renovations the City will handle vs. F3.
- YHC and the M have been attempting “sleep training” with our 2.0 the past couple days and it is pretty brutal. It involves setting your baby down in the crib drowsy but awake, and then walking away and ignoring their crying while they teach themselves to fall asleep without your help (you can check in periodically but not pick them up). After a couple nights of it we frankly couldn’t do it anymore and decided to wait until the baby was a little older and maybe try again.
- It made me think about how brutal it must have been for God the Father to ignore his son Jesus’s cries for help on the cross! I always knew that Jesus was suffering during that time, but it hit me in a new way that God the Father was making a huge sacrifice too by restraining himself from swooping down and rescuing his Son when he easily could have done it. God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit had been in this internal relationship of perfect, overflowing love for all eternity, and now it was disrupted for the first time ever. What an amazing depth of love and commitment that God demonstrated for us! The song lyrics “the Father turns his face away” took on a much richer meaning for me after this experience.
- Great work from everyone! This was a dry run of the workout for next week’s Tour de Charleston, and it went well. We did hear train horns once – while coming back down the pyramid, just before the squats. Slight modifications from the last pyramid workout were: (a) do calf raises on the ground while holding a block, and (b) do Angels and Devils without bricks (to minimize coupon requirements). Both tweaks seemed to work well. I’m typing this backblast a day later and feeling sore already, so I’d call it a good workout. 🙂