L-R: Luigi, Run-Off, Mrs. Potts, Dorothy Mantooth, Jojo, Hard Drive
The mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Conditions: HUMID. 77F and 94% relative humidity by end of workout. No wind. Beautiful sunrise though.
FNGs: None, but we did have a visitor from F3 Conway (Run-Off) and multiple folks doing the fitness test for the first time.
We did our monthly fitness test, The Warrior. The PAX have 40 minutes to complete the following:
- Run 1 mile, then
- AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 5 pull-ups (on goalpost)
- 10 merkins
- 15 squats
- Run 120 yards (to opposite goalpost)
Fitness test results (compare against July’s results):
- Hard Drive: 22.00 (vs. 22.34 in June)
- Dorothy Mantooth: 20.00 (vs. 19.317 last time)
- Luigi: 19.30 (vs. 21.35 last time)
- Run-Off: 17.00 (first time) – visiting from Conway
- Mrs. Potts: 13.00 (first time)
- Jojo: 9.20 (first time)
Here’s how to read the decimal scoring (each set of exercises adds one tenth):
- 10.00 = finished ten rounds exactly
- 10.04 = finished ten rounds plus 4 pull-ups
- 10.10 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups
- 10.205 = finished ten rounds plus all 5 pull-ups, all 10 merkins, and 5 of the squats
- 10.30 = finished ten rounds plus everything except the run
- 10.40 = 11.00
- Hopefully you get the picture. 🙂
Namerama: Run-Off, Mrs. Potts, Jojo, Dorothy Mantooth, Hard Drive, Luigi
Pledge and COT
Devo: Don’t follow your heart
- YHC was struck by this passage in Numbers chapter 15 last week:
- The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the people of Israel, and tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and to put a cord of blue on the tassel of each corner. And it shall be a tassel for you to look at and remember all the commandments of the Lord, to do them, not to follow after your own heart and your own eyes, which you are inclined to whore after. So you shall remember and do all my commandments, and be holy to your God. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to be your God: I am the Lord your God.”
- Our culture says follow your heart and be true to yourself, but in this passage God says not to follow your heart, but instead to follow God’s commandments. He knows what’s really best for us (since he invented us), plus he has the authority to tell us what to do (since he owns us).
- Life application: Sometimes YHC struggles at work to stay focused and not wander off on rabbit trails through Wikipedia, Facebook, Amazon, etc. I can clearly see my heart “whoring after” things that really won’t satisfy me. I need God’s intervention to change my desires and remind me of what’s true and worthwhile.
- YHC decided to take the mile easy this month to see if it left more energy for the remaining exercises. It seemed to work for Dorothy Mantooth (he hit a PR today), but YHC has been posting less regularly and doing almost no merkins this month, so I still got a lower score than last time.
- Fastest mile was 8:51.